Entrée Destinations' Top Wildlife & Destinations for 2015
The president of Entrée Destinations, Marc Télio, shares his top wildlife in Canada, favorite unexpected experiences in Alaska and bucket list travel destinations in Alaska and Canada for 2015.
>>Read an interview with Entrée Destinations president Marc Télio.
Top Wildlife to Spot in Canada
- Polar bears—the largest carnivore on earth
- Grizzly bears
- Kermode bears (also known as the Spirit Bear, a black bear with a recessive gene, making it white)
- Whales—all of the species: Beluga, Humpback, Orca, Minke, Sperm and Blue.
- Wolves. Very elusive and rare to see.
- Personally I love sea lions, seals and sea otters.
Top Unexpected Experiences in Alaska
- Experiencing the incredible sound of ice cracking and crashing off of a tidewater glacier.
- The “feel” of Alaska—it is somewhat ineffable but there is a different type of energy in Alaska that I have never felt elsewhere.
- The sheer strength of a dog team pulling your sled across the ice as you try to hang on and steer your way across a glacier.
- How unconcerned of people a bear can be when they are completely focused on catching and eating salmon.
- Just how big Alaska is—really vast expanses of untouched wilderness—this is why everyone must take a small plane flight into the backcountry.
- Just how good fresh wild Alaska salmon tastes (you will never eat farmed Atlantic salmon again).
Top Outdoors Destinations for 2015
- Vancouver Island: Tofino, Clayoquot Sound, Desolation Sound
- The Canadian Rocky Mountains, including Banff, Lake Louise and Jasper
- Yukon Territory for Northern Lights viewing
- Montreal and Quebec City
Click here to read about Entrée Destinations, an Andrew Harper travel partner offering customizable tours in Alaska and Canada, in the April, May, June 2015 edition of the Traveler magazine.